Submit an online application here. We’ll reach out to candidates that convince us that they know the difference between a barista compared to a server and a gracious host compared to a waiter.
or in person at
Primo Vino or Cask
1610 N. Kingshighway, Suite 105
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Exemplified through our name, Baristas Coffee Bar, our baristas will prominently differentiate our establishment from other cafés and restaurants by delivering the product and experience we pledge to customers.
- Baristas meet high expectations related to organization, multi-tasking, verbal communication and interpersonal skills to cooperate with both customers and coworkers.
- Baristas fulfill our pledge to customers by providing a level of service reminiscent of years when handcrafted processes and personal service were the only kinds of service available.
- Baristas complete extensive training to handcraft top tier beverages, which preserve ingredients’ integrity and produce an exceptional final product.
- Baristas devote high-level attention to detail while handcrafting customers’ customized requests for espressos, smoothies, pour over drinks, tea and latte art.
- Baristas maintain the cleanliness of their work space, preserve equipment performance through scheduled calibrations of grinders and the espresso machine.
As a liaison between our baristas, cooks and customers, cashiers carry a heavy responsibility in communicating customer expectations accurately to Baristas Coffee Bar’s other service providers.
- Cashiers serve as hosts and hostesses since they will be the first Baristas Coffee Bar team member that customers will encounter. A warm, personable and inviting charisma is essential.
- Cashiers use exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills in collecting and communicating in-house and to-go customer orders and special requests to our baristas and cooks.
- Cashiers utilize the point-of-sale (POS) system in submitting orders and collecting customer payment.
- Cashiers manage additional housekeeping needs throughout the establishment by stocking inventory, busing tables and cleaning common areas.
Critical in providing a consistent product that meets customer expectations, Baristas Coffee Bar’s kitchen service providers’ responsibilities extend well beyond cooking food orders.
- Kitchen service providers use finite organization and prioritization skills in processing and fulfilling customer orders and special requests.
- Kitchen service providers act as a team player in translating messages from cashiers and baristas into customer expectations.
- Kitchen service providers cook and prepare all in-house and to-go food orders in a manner that protects the ingredients’ integrity and consistently exceptional final product.
- Kitchen service providers manage additional housekeeping needs throughout the kitchen by washing dishes and cleaning all kitchen areas.
Instrumental in keeping all service providers working as a team to provide the customer with an exceptional product through a personal experience that is consistent with every single visit, team leaders will understand every role and aspect of Baristas Coffee Bar’s business.
- Team leaders identify voids and fulfill any role immediately needed as customer and staff needs fluctuate.
- Team leaders carry the responsibility of opening and closing Baristas Coffee Bar to customers and employees daily.
- Team leaders balance the responsibility and importance of managing customer relations in the café and behind the scenes including daily financial reporting.